“Don’t Sign Me Up For Cardio”
– Both athletes will share 1 barbell, with only 1 lifting at a time. To complete the complex the athlete must successfully complete 2 cycles of a power clean+front squat+shoulder to overhead+back squat+shoulder to over from behind the neck. Once 1 cycle has been completed, the athlete must “touch and go” the bar off the floor to initiate the 2nd cycle. The athlete may choose to complete a “squat clean” instead of a power clean+front, as long as the hip crease passes below parallel of the knees on the clean. Any style of shoulder to overhead is allowed for both reps as long as the athlete reaches full extension of the arms above head, knees locked out, and feet underneath with control of the bar before lowering. The back squat must reach full depth as well with the hip crease clearly below the knees.
– The barbell may not be dropped at any point, nor may it rest on the ground between cycle 1 and 2 in order for the complex to be a valid rep. The teams score will be the total of the heaviest Bear Complexes completes by each teammate
Hang Squat Clean Thrusters
– Athletes will only have 1 barbell, and are required to successfully transfer the bar to their partner without the bar dropping below their knees. If the barbell does drop below the knees, a 6 synchro lateral burpee over the bar penalty will be required in that instant
– The barbell must be deadlifted to the top of the hips, and once the athlete has reached full extension of the hips and knees, the athlete may begin the hang squat clean. The barbell may be tracked as far down to the top of the knee, but may not drop below the knee. The athlete must then complete a squat clean where the hips drop below the parallell point of the knees, and in one motion reach full extension of the knees, hips, and arms with the barbell in full locked out position. The barbell must be returned to the hips for the next rep, which starts with another hang squat clean
– If the athlete fails to complete the thruster in one fluid motion, the rep will not be counted and must restart with another hang squat clean. The score for this portion will be total squat clean thrusters completed between both partners
“Exercise Gives You Endorphins”
– Only 1 athlete will be biking at a time, while the other is completing the required work. Athletes may change the seat setting as needed, but may not touch the monitor once the workout has started. The monitor will not be reset, so rollover calories will be counted toward total goal
– In order for the reps to be counted, the rope must clearly pass twice underneath the athletes feet while they are still in the air. To start, the rope must begin behind the athletes body to make a full rotation on the first rep. Any ropes that make contact with the feet and do not pass underneath will not be counted as a rep
– Handstand pushups will be performed on a level gymnastic mat with a standard 36″ wide/24″ deep Box. The athletes palms must be clearly inside the box, with the fingers being allowed outside. Any style of HSPU is accepted (strict/kipping) as long as the athletes head makes contact with the mat, and arms/hips/legs are fully extended in the lockout position. If the athletes feet come off at the top before control was shown, or any part of the body is on the wall at the lockout position, the reps will not be counted
– Pullups must start with the athlete in the hanging position. Any style of pullup is allowed as long as the athletes chin clearly passes above the plane of the bar. From the top, the athlete must reach full extension of the arms in the bottom hanging position before the next rep is initiated.
– Athlete will begin the rep at a full hang with arms extended. The heels must pass behind the athletes vertical plane to initiate the first rep. From there, the athlete will then take their toes to the bar and make contact with both feet at the same time in between the hands. The rep will be counted when both feet make contact with the bar. Athletes may use any grip style/width they would like. If the athletes feet don’t clearly make contact with the bar, or they hit at separate times, or are outside of the hands, that rep will not be counted.
– In order for the reps to be counted, the rope must clearly pass once underneath the athletes feet while they are still in the air. To start, the rope must begin behind the athletes body to make a full rotation on the first rep. Any ropes that make contact with the feet and do not pass underneath will not be counted as a rep
– Athletes will lift the kettlebells to their shoulder and simultaneously press both bells above their head. Any style of shoulder to overhead is allowed as long as the athletes knees/hips are locked out, and both arms are locked out overhead with control of the bells. TnG is permitted
– These reps will be initiated with both bells passing behind the athletes body between their knees, and be counted when both bells have risen above the athletes collarbone with both bells pointing horizontally from the athlete. If the athlete swings the bells and their hands rise above the collarbone, but the bells are pointing straight down, the rep will not be counted
– Athlete will begin the rep at a full hang with arms extended. The heels must pass behind the athletes vertical plane to initiate the first rep. Once the athletes heels have passed behind, the athlete will then take their knees above the horizontal plane of their belly button in order for the rep to count. Athletes may use any grip they would like.
“Yo, Hold Ma Poodle”
True Form Run:
– Athletes may switch at any point during their run to complete the distance required. Athletes may only use the handles when starting the machine or hopping off, any running with the hands on the bars will incur a time penalty.
Sandbag Over The Yoke:
– Athletes will be required to lift the sandbag off the ground, and up and over the crossbar of the Yoke. In any fashion necessary, the athlete may lift the bag and either roll/toss/throw over the bar. Athletes will be on opposite sides of the yoke for alternate passing of the Sandbag
– Athletes will position themselves under the yoke in the back rack position, stand to full extension, and walk as far/long as they’d like. In order for distance to count, the yoke must be completely off the ground when moved. The course will be set up in 5’ increments, with each 5’ being 1 rep. Athletes may switch as often as needed for max distance