“Don’t Sign Me Up For Cardio”
– Both athletes will share 1 barbell, with only 1 lifting at a time. To complete the complex the athlete must successfully complete 2 cycles of a power clean+front squat+shoulder to overhead+back squat+shoulder to over from behind the neck. Once 1 cycle has been completed, the athlete must “touch and go” the bar off the floor to initiate the 2nd cycle. The athlete may choose to complete a “squat clean” instead of a power clean+front, as long as the hip crease passes below parallel of the knees on the clean. Any style of shoulder to overhead is allowed for both reps as long as the athlete reaches full extension of the arms above head, knees locked out, and feet underneath with control of the bar before lowering. The back squat must reach full depth as well with the hip crease clearly below the knees.
– The barbell may not be dropped at any point, nor may it rest on the ground between cycle 1 and 2 in order for the complex to be a valid rep. The teams score will be the total of the heaviest Bear Complexes completes by each teammate
Hang Squat Clean Thrusters
– Athletes will only have 1 barbell, and are required to successfully transfer the bar to their partner without the bar dropping below their knees. If the barbell does drop below the knees, a 6 synchro lateral burpee over the bar penalty will be required in that instant
– The barbell must be deadlifted to the top of the hips, and once the athlete has reached full extension of the hips and knees, the athlete may begin the hang squat clean. The barbell may be tracked as far down to the top of the knee, but may not drop below the knee. The athlete must then complete a squat clean where the hips drop below the parallell point of the knees, and in one motion reach full extension of the knees, hips, and arms with the barbell in full locked out position. The barbell must be returned to the hips for the next rep, which starts with another hang squat clean
– If the athlete fails to complete the thruster in one fluid motion, the rep will not be counted and must restart with another hang squat clean. The score for this portion will be total squat clean thrusters completed between both partners