Teams will have 22 minutes to complete all of the work, with 1 person working at a time. Athletes will complete as big of an “unbroken” Set as possible, and once they break, will run shuttle runs before tagging their partner to switch. Athletes do not have to switch once they break, but must complete the shuttle runs before resuming the next set of work
1) Athletes will be staged on the opposite side of rig, and at the start of their set will run down the lane to their working station
2) Once the athlete breaks, they will run 5 lengths of a shuttle run and tag their partner to switch.
3) Athletes will be responsible for shuttle runs after the pull ups and bench press reps are completed. However, once the final air squat is completed shuttle runs are not required, the workout is over.
4) Teams will continue in the above fashion until all reps are completed, with the score being the time to finish the entire workout
– Athlete must run past the designated line making 3 points of contact after each 25’ segment
– Both feet and 1 hand must make contact past the line for reps to count.
– After the final shuttle run, athletes do not need to make 3 points of contact on the ground, but MUST tag their partner.
*If a tag does not occur, athletes must run back and tag their partner before reps will count
– Athletes will begin in the full hang position with their feet off the ground. The heels must pass behind the vertical plane of the bar, and the chin must clearly rise above the bar for reps to count.
– Any style of pullup or kip is allowed
– Each rep starts with both dumbbells fully extended with arms locked out. If the athlete brings the Dbs up and starts on the chest, that rep will not count.
– Both heads of the dumbbell must make contact with the chest, and then be returned to the full lockout position for each rep to count.
– Athletes must return the Dumbbells to the square in front of their bench after the completion of their set. If athletes drop the DBs off to the side, or fail to return them to their box, that last completed set will not be counted toward their reps.
Goblet Squats/Air Squats
– DB must be held in the front of the body with both hands on the DB
– Athlete must pass through a full squat motion with the hips lowering below the parallel of the knee, and returning to full extension of the hips and knees for each rep to count
– Athletes may squat clean into the 1st rep
Teams will have 11 minutes to work through the ladder of calories and hang cleans. Both athletes will be working on the machines at the same time, switching as needed. Only 1 athlete working on the hang cleans. The score for this workout will be total reps completed
1) Athletes will begin on the machines, and must complete all of their respective calories before moving onto the barbell. Round 1 is 40 hang cleans.
2) After the hang cleans are completed, teams will move back to the machines for another round of Calories. Round 2 on the barbell is 30 Hang cleans
3) Teams will continue in this fashion until the 11 min cap
– Athletes may adjust seat height/positioning, adjust foot straps, and change the damper, but they may not touch the monitor at any time. Your judge will be resetting the monitor after each round
– Athletes must complete a full deadlift and show control of the barbell at the hips before a rep is attempted. Any reps pulled straight from the floor will not be counted
– Athletes may begin their clean from anywhere between the knees and the top of the hips, but may not take the bar below their knees
-A rep is credited when the barbell is fully resting in the front rack position with elbows in front of the bar, and their knees/hips in full extension
– Any style of clean (power/squat/split) is allowed
“Go For Broke”
Teams will have 2 attempts each at both lifts to find their heaviest successful lift. Athletes are responsible for changing their own weights and relaying the correct attempted weight to their judge.
1) Athlete 1 will have 20 seconds to attempt a 1RM Push Press. There will be a 20 second transition period before athlete 2 attempts their weight. Athletes will alternate intervals, with 2 attempts each
2) After the Push press intervals are completed, teams will lower the bar to the ground and then follow the same interval pattern to find a 3RM Deadlift
3) Athletes may make as many attempts within the 20 second interval, but the lift must be completed before the end of their respective interval
– Barbell will start in the rack
– Once the athlete starts to ascend into their pressing motion, the knees must remain fully locked out until the rep is given credit. Any rebend of the knees or push jerk motion will not be counted
– The rep will be credited when the athlete shows control of the bar overhead with their arms fully locked out and the bar over the midline of the body, as well as the knees/hips fully locked out standing at full extension
– Barbell begins on the ground
– Athletes must lift the bar in one continuous motion all the way up to the top of the hips in one fluid motion, and show control with their knees/hips fully extended.
– Once the rep is credited athletes must lower the bar to the ground in one fluid motion, touch the ground and instantly raise the bar for the next rep
– Athletes may not rest the bar on the ground or “reset”. If the bar stops on the ground, the set will be terminated
– Athletes may use any grip on the bar, but may not use gymnastics grips, straps, or anything to aid in holding onto the bar
Teams will have 10 minutes to alternate sets of L-Sit holds and jump rope for max reps.
1) Teams will start with a 2 minute interval. Athlete 1 will have 1 attempt to hold an L-Sit/Knee Raise for as long as they can. If they fall, or fail, their set will be terminated. Once they finish, athlete 2 may begin their L-Sit.
2) Once the clock hits 2:00, teams will have 3 minutes to complete as many Jump Rope as they can, with only 1 person working The first set of jump rope will be completed with a 1.25” Pulling Rope. RX will complete DUs, Scaled will compete Singles
3) Once the clock hits 5:00, athletes will have 2 minutes to hold their L-Sit again
4) @7:00 teams will have 3 minutes to complete their final jump rope reps. This set will be completed with a heavy weighted jump rope. RX will complete crossovers, Scaled will be singles
L-Sit/Knee raise hold
-During the hold position, athletes must maintain a fully extended elbow position with their feet off the ground.
– Athletes’ feet must be off the ground for seconds to count, and for RX in front of the parallettes.
– Each parallette will have a tape line where athletes’ hands must be in contact with or behind.
– Once the athletes feet hit the ground or parallettes, their set is terminated
– The rope must start behind the athlete’s body. For reps to count, the rope must clearly pass under the athletes feet twice per one jump. Any reps that catch the feet will not be counted toward the final count
*Single unders only need to pass under the feet once
– Athletes will start with one “regular” single under that will not be counted toward their reps.
– The rope passes under the feet once for each jump
– A rep will be counted every time there is a change
from hands crossed to hands uncrossed, or vice versa, AND the rope successfully passes under the feet.
– Click the link for a video demonstration: