A1. Snatch ladder
Teams will progress through an ascending barbell ladder in 60 second intervals, with 10 seconds of transition time to the next barbell. The weights will make 5-20lb jumps depending on your division, and be pre-loaded prior to the event starting
For the ladder, any style of snatch is allowed. The barbell must be lifted from the ground to overhead in one fluid motion, no hangs or pauses. In order to receive credit for the lift, the athlete must show control of the bar at the top with their knees, hips, and arms fully locked out.
Athletes may attempt the weight as many times as needed within the 60 second window, and as long as the barbell is lifted from the floor prior to the 60 seconds elapsing the rep can be counted. 1 athlete must successfully complete the weight in each interval for the team to continue to progress. If an one athlete fails to complete a weight, but their partner successfully completes it, both athletes can move to the next barbell and attempt the next weight.
*both athletes must make a valid attempt at each barbell in order for the team to keep progressing (cannot skip earlier barbells)
The score for this event will the heaviest completed weights for both partners combined
A2. Max Unbroken Clean & Jerks
Upon completion of the snatch ladder, athletes will move to a section and complete “Max Unbroken” Reps for their tie break score, and “WOD 1B” score.
Once the athlete begins their set, the barbell must remain in motion in order for reps to count. Once the barbell is dropped or is resting on the ground, the second partner will complete their set of UB Clean & Jerks.
In order for reps to count, the barbell must be moved from the ground to the shoulders before passing overhead. Once in contact with the shoulders, athletes may move the barbell overhead in any fashion. In order to receive credit for the rep, control of the barbell overhead with the knees and hips extended, and shoulders/elbows locked out with the barbell over the middle of the body. From there, the athlete must return the barbell to the ground with both bumpers making contact with the floor to start the next rep
Athletes may rest with the bar overhead, in the front rack position, or at the hips (on the way down), but the barbell must “touch and go” off the ground. No hang cleans. If the bar pauses on the ground, that athlete’s set will be terminated.
Score for this event will be the total reps of both partners’ unbroken sets combined.
“Pass The Rock”
To start the workout, athletes will complete 20 total partner pass wall balls. Once the 20 are complete, teams will move to complete the 20 pullups and 10 DB burpee step overs. Both athletes will be working at the same time, one on the pullups and one on the DB Step overs. Teams may break up/complete these reps in any fashion Once all pullup and burpee reps are complete, teams will move back to the wall to start the next set of wall balls. Teams will continue to add 10 wall balls every round, pullups/DB reps will stay the same
Score = Total reps in 12 minutes
Partner pass wall balls
– 1st wall ball must be picked up and then squatted to receive credit. Starting in the squat, picking up the ball, and then throwing it will be a no rep
– Athletes hips must clearly pass below parallel for squat to count. Once the squat is complete, the athlete will throw the ball to their respective target at an angle so their partner can catch the ball, and go into their next rep.
– If the athlete fails to reach depth, or hit their target, the rep will not be counted.
– Athlete must start in full hang position with the arms locked out
– Chin must clearly pass over the plane of the pullup bar, and then arms must return to fully locked out before the next rep is attempted
– Any style of pullup is allowed (strict, kipping, butterfly) as long as standards are met
DB burpee Step Overs
– Dumbbell starts on the ground, athlete’s chest must make contact with the ground, not the dumbbell for reps to count
– Once the chest has made contact with the ground, the athlete may stand up/jump up with the dumbbell in any fashion, and then proceed to their step over
– Athlete may hold the dumbbell however they’d like to complete the step up. Both feet must contact the top of the box for step over to count. Hip extension is not required on the step over
“Will This Give Me Abs”
From 0-3:00 one athlete will begin on the GHD Machine and one at the Kettlebells. Once the KBs are lifted off the ground, the other athlete may begin their GHD Sit ups. Teams may switch as often as needed for the 3 minute window. From 3:00-6:00 one athlete will be on the Ski erg, while the other is holding the KBs. Just as before, the ski erg cals will not count until the KBs are lifted, Switch as needed. From 6:00-9:00, both athletes will be working at the same time, one on the GHD and the other on the Ski erg (no holds). Teams may switch as needed throughout the 3 mins.
GHD Sit Ups:
– Athlete must makes contact with both hands on the plate under the ghd at their respective height (40/37” below GHD)
– Once contact is made, the athlete must sit up and touch both hands to the foot pads.
*For scaled, shoulders must pass below the parallel line of the hips, and touch both hands to the foot pads for reps to count
– Athletes may adjust damper, but not touch the monitor at any time.
– Any style of grip is permitted
– Grips may not be worn with Kettlebells
– Athletes knees, hips, and arms must be locked out at the top.
Teams will complete 10 total rounds for time, with each athlete responsible for completing 5 rounds. Athletes will complete 1 full round, and then switch, alternating full rounds until 10 is complete! Score will be the total time for all 10 rounds.
– Athlete must kick up to the wall and start with their arms fully extended and hips off the wall, with only their feet on the wall, before descending down to the mat
– Athletes will be required to keep their palms inside of the designated box (36” wide x24” deep). Fingers may go outside the box
– The head must make contact with the mat before the athlete presses back into the extended position
– For the rep to count, the athlete must show control with the arms fully extended, head in line with the arms, with their feet being the only part making contact with the wall (hips/butt off the wall).
*if athlete completes lock out, but feet are falling off the wall, the rep won’t be counted
– any style of HSPU is allowed (strict/kipping)
DB Front Squat
– Athlete may position the dumbbells in any fashion as long both dumbbells are on the shoulders.
– in order for reps to count, the athletes hips must clearly pass below the parallel line of their knee, and then stand all the way up with knees and hips fully extended.
– Athletes may squat clean into the first rep, as long as the hips pass below parallel to start
*If the dumbbells are dropped from the shoulders, a rep penalty will be added.
– Rep starts with the rope behind the athletes body
– In order for the reps to count, the rope must clearly pass under the feet twice. Any reps that catch, or don’t fully pass through are no reps
– Athlete must jump with 2 feet
*For Single Unders, the rope must pass through the feet once per jump.